Science fiction and fantasy
How much do you know about the authors who bring the many worlds of science fiction and fantasy to life?
1. Who was the first author to win three successive Hugo awards for Best Novel, and the first to win for all novels in a trilogy, for the Broken Earth series?
N. K. Jemisin
2. When was H G Wells born?
3. When did Tolkien die?
4. Where was Mervyn Peake born?
5. During which year did George Orwell write 1984?
6. Where was C S Lewis, author of the Narnia series, a professor of Medieval and Rennaissance English?
7. Which of these books did John Wyndham write?
The Day of the Triffids; The Kraken Wakes; The Chrysalids; The Midwich Cuckoos
The Day of the Triffids; The Silver Locusts; The Martians; The Midwich Cuckoos
The Day of the Triffids; The Kraken Wakes; Next Stop the Stars; The Silent Invaders
8. What has Terry Pratchett cultivated as a hobby?
An affected swagger
9. How old was Christopher Paolini when his novel Eragon was published?
10. What nationality is Trudi Canavan?
11. Before becoming a writer, Elizabeth Moon worked in the military. What was her position and highest rank?
Lieutenant in the Green Berets
Ist Lieutenant in the US Marine Corps
Captain in the US Marine Corps
12. Which of these writers was held prisoner in Germany during the Second World War?
Arthur C Clarke
Philip K Dick
Quiz © Warpcore SF
All rights reserved
Dark Angel Quiz
Fantasy Books Quiz
Fantasy Films Quiz
Fantasy Novels of the '00s
Random Film Quiz
Random Book Quiz
Science Fiction Books
Science Fiction Films
Science Fiction Films of the '90s
Space Novels of the '00s
The Lord of the Rings Quiz
YA Books Quiz